GRANTS TO UNLEASH POTENTIAL
The Music Is Unity Foundation makes grants to non-profit, community-based organizations that provide supportive services for youth who are emancipating from the foster care system. Recent grantees include Foster Youth in Action (San Francisco, CA), Beyond Emancipation (Oakland, CA), Kid In The Spotlight (Los Angeles A, CA) and PBS SoCal.
Music Is Unity is currently seeking to support other reputable and worthy organizations that share a commitment to providing transition services for youth as they exit care.
HOW CAN YOUR ORGANIZATION APPLY FOR A MIU GRANT?
Grants range from $5,000-$25,000 - Here are the Grant Application Guidelines:
Music Is Unity supports emancipated foster youth, ages 15 to 23 in the United States. To apply for a grant the applicant’s organization must have a program(s) that supports EMANCIPATED FOSTER YOUTH in the above age range. The organization/program must assist in at least one of the following areas:
- Housing Aid and Assistance
- Job Placement
- Career Skill Development
- Legislative Reform
- Mental and Psychological Counseling
- Music Is Unity awards grants to 501(c) 3 non-profit organizations, as well as organizations with a 501 (c) 3 fiscal sponsor.
MUSIC IS UNITY AWARDS GRANTS YEAR ROUND, THERE IS NO DEADLINE,
HERE IS HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a letter of inquiry (2 pages or less) providing an overview of the organization/program. Please provide the following information:
- Organization’s mission statement
- Date of creation/years in service
- Overview of programs, including population served
- Significant accomplishments/highlights
- How grant funds will be used
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Previous fiscal year budget
- Contact information (Name, title, phone, address & email)
- Previous financial audits-or-tax reporting (to be used to determine expense percentages)
We thank you for your support! Our list of 2017/2018 Donors include:
INFLUENCE ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
CITY OF KETTERING
LIVE NATION WORLDWIDE, INC.
THE RIGHT PRODUCTION, INC.
FRIENDS OF CMAC
C3 PPS Inc.
CAPE FEAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE
TIVOLI THEATRE FOUNDATION INC.
DURHAM PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
AEG LIVE LLC
NATIONAL ARTISTS CORPORATION
DONALD L. TUCKER CIVIC CENTER
AC ENTERTAINMENT LLC
HISTORIC TENNESSEE THEATRE FOUNDATION
CUZ OF JESSE